PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pay as You Starve!
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2004, 13:55
mbga9pgf

Steve, dont you think that they undoubtedly are going to ram loads of funding into the initial PAYD projects, to sway the vote as it were toward PAYD. I highly doubt similar funding would be provided around the Air Force if PAYD came online.

Ultimately, the officers mess is non-public anyway, unlike junior (not sure about sgts??) however, I have no objection to junior or sgts messes going over to PAYD as undoubtedly they will benefit from the sceme; far more of them to contribute. I am slightly concerned however that the move in the long run for the OM will be asignificant worsening of standards, and a massively increased cost for all involved in wishing to have an active Mess social life. The ideal method of course would be current feeding arrangements that allow you to claim a Missed meal allowance for the money you have paid for meals but through no fault of your own have been unable to eat; those with one or two missed meals will hardly bother; those with a significant proportion of their days away in a month can claim back what they are entitled to.