PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flights too downmarket for many businesspeople
Old 26th Jul 2004, 23:34
ditzyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It isn't just LCCs that are cheapening the whole 'air travel experience' that once was...

Air New Zealand (International Airline - Member or Star Alliance) charges for excess baggage on Domestic - over 20kg... SAME as Jetstar. And they also 'offer' 30" pitch and a single class cabin. Oh and no nice wines. Not even if you want to pay. It's tea, coffee and water ONLY. Oh and you cannot earn frequent flyer points on MOST fares. Sound familiar?

Finnair - International Airline - Member of oneworld has free seating on all domestic flights. All economy too. Just the SAME as Jetstar.

American Airlines - oneworld You have to fly for three hours just to get a paper bag with three food items in it. And YOU must pick it up at the gate yourself and carry it on. Why bother? I recently flew LAX-SFO and was treated to coffee or water. Mmm - full service, indeed.

Anyone flown Business Class over in Europe? It is economy seats with the centre one blocked out. Most carriers don't even use a little table in between to make you feel special anymore. And you get food - wouldn't even call it a meal. Have a look at airlines like LH, BA and Finnair at airlinemeals.net and you'll see what I mean.

So guys you cannot blame Jetstar and Virgin for ruining your dining experience aloft. And for making are travel so 'common'. Low Cost travel is the way of the future. LCC or full service carrier. It will all be one and the same shortly.

Every time I pax to OOL in J it is full. But full of staff travellers and upgrades. In the four years I have been doing it I am yet to see more than one or two paying pax each sector, if any! There is NO J class market to OOL. NO ONE pays for it. Period.

Sorry "White Shoe Brigade". You need to take your 'premium cabin complexes' to your shrink. The airlines just don't care.