PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Money - the great sinking feeling
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2004, 16:45
Captain Ratpup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Banjo George,

I can see exactly where you're coming from. Financially, you are extremely fortunate and in a priviledged position to be able to complete your professional training without ending up owing money. My feeling is that £35k is £35k, regardless of whether you have worked hard over years to save it or if you have been forced to borrow it.

Everybody has those 'what if' moments and, I'm guessing, to the same magnitude. The difference for you is that you could survive very comfortably even if it took a couple of years of poorly-paid instructing.

The point for you BG is that, like the rest of us, you will be reducing your comfort-zone drastically. However, at least you still have the luxury of owning a property and, thus, a massive financial safety net per se.

We all have the 'what ifs' and there is nothing you can do to get rid of those demons. But I reckon that you'll only grasp that dream if you just go for it and don't look back. As 2 Close said above, "one crack we get and it's not a dress rehearsal".

Good luck in whatever you do mate