PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flights too downmarket for many businesspeople
Old 26th Jul 2004, 13:51
GoGirl

PPRuNette

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

awww, you ain't never been cheep 'pache

Back to the subject matter....what sort of tosser needs to make such a statement that he/she is some sort of wine buff whilst getting from point A to point B at 30 000 ft

The whole concept of 'fine dining' should be appreciated with good mates or that special someone.

I've thought about it often, and keep coming to the same conclusion; why bother have full service on a flight with less than a 2 hour duration?

Here's one out of left field - if people want to treat the skies like a 5 star dining experience, why not have them make a 'reservation' for such service at the time of booking; paying accordingly, of course, as you would in any fine dining restaurant.
Leave this option open to any pax, Y or J.
I'm sure that then we'd keep the fusspots happy, and the Airline could make a fortune charging exorbitantly inflated prices for their produce, to those that really need it!

I recommend this tongue in cheek.

Air travel has changed ever so much since the days when it was all about the entire experience, when only the relatively wealthy could entertain such prospects, and those less fortunate could only dare to dream of such an adventure.

Like any other service industry, this one had to evolve.

I'd like to think that this industry has evolved and developed higher standards of safety, and a better standard of personable customer service, bridging a gap between the 'have's' and the 'have not as much'.

GG