PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - THY Will be Dumb
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2004, 05:52
kansasw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello lomapaseo. The opener of this thread says he is an ordinary Turkish citizen which is fair enough, but his profile identifies him as a pilot, which is not incompatible with ordinary citizen but may add a dimension. Personally I don't know one way or the other and can prove/disprove neither, but I can readily accept the possibility that he is both and knows what he is talking about. You seem to me to discount his report but I see no basis for your skepticism in your rebuttal except that you think ordinary Turkish citizens would not qualify to say what he says.

Regrettably the format of this board does not allow me in any way I know to return to the original post to refresh myself in mid-post and elaborate my remarks, so I will just dive in and reread. Regards, I do watch for and respect your remarks.

OK, having posted I can go back and quote you and argue better. You said

"An ordinary citizen would not have an ounce of knowlege about flying duty time nor give a care.

Suggest you lobby your government ."

I say, any pilot (professional or not, I know not what the thread opener is) or even a non-pilot with an ounce of interest in aviation matters, or any ordinary citizen who cares, could easily discover regulations about flying duty time etc, and is perfectly entitled IMHO to enquire, learn, and care about such matters.

I have not checked your profile to see what you claim, but having seen many competent posts with your name attached I assume you are in the industry so I find your post doubly puzzling & would be pleased for you to justify.