PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas London base
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2004, 03:53
bunkmaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil some facts for the big picture

having read the comment from jet black i can only say you are i think somewhat limited in your knowledge whats going on inside the big roo or you are sitting above the second level and happily st***ng the pot.
lots of customers ( iam talking CL,PL,GD Frequent flyers ) out there who has somehow an inside knowledge or dealings with GD and his mates call them very arrogant.( that label only started appearing last year). not my call but i am a good listener on long nights in the galley
since cabin crew decrewing and minor wageconcessions in the last 3 years GD and mates increased management levels in QF (not the QF group) by around 20% and costs associated by around 37%. "this in times when we continue to do bad, wagefreezes, things look ugly,etc". not to be outdone the QF board & excecs also had their hands in the till and pushed up their fees by around 27%-32% (check it out on last years annual qf statements/cant wait for this years addition)
that does not take into consideration addecco fees (contractors who run the bangkok and auckland cabin crew base) .
this proposed LHR base will end up costing me 10-15% of my wage. now do you give up any of your wages without a fight?
morale is low, equipment is old (ask any CSM out there how often they apologise to passengersregarding the IFE, lack of stores and so on). these days its the blame between departments, which at the end the customer is really the one who feels the impact and he/she ands up going to competitiors. currently we loose around 10% pa to emirates alone i got told by a marketing guy. no, its not because of crew.
lets face it protected industrial action is not the only way to go, takes too long, thats why sickleave and other actions have a more immidiate and serious impact. and as for the qantas brand and its impact,read the latest upgrades from brokers (its factored in).
but GD has no problems spending hundreds of thousands if not millions on fighting cabin crew to protect and increase his and other managements bonuses. do you really think gd and his industrial mights play fair. give me a break