PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How desirable is the 'job' (jet airline pilot) these days?
Old 26th Jul 2004, 00:13
fescalised portion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well........Here's my take on the topic.

I have been involved in this industry since I left school 16 years ago [half of my lifetime]. I did a 4 yr apprenticeship in A/C maintenance and am now a licenced technician for a large carrier.
I have always wanted to fly the friggers instead of being looked at as a second-class human being, by Nigel every time he steps out of his farty-smelling sharp end coccoon at the end of a flight with a log book full of cabin BS!

Well, I have to say that I couldn't give a about low morale amongst a few of the ungrateful posters on this thread. How would you like it if you had to spend all day waiting around an airport for miserable sods like yourself to arrive, with a log book full of blocked lavs and puked-over seat covers????? I don't think that you realise how lucky you are to have a career like you do.... So many people would give their left arm to swap jobs with you!

Well, I personally have had enough of the cr4p that I do, and I want to be in your shoes, sitting at the front end being respected by everybody sitting behind you.........So I have secured a large chunk of unpaid time off of work to begin training to "Fly the friggers" like you do this September. I know that the industry has it's recruitment problems at the moment, and that the future isn't too bright at present, but I have a profession to fall back on, even if it is talking to manic depressives like yourselve's [You know who you are!].

I'm prepared to give it a go........You only live once, Right?

Chin-Up and be grateful!!!!!!!!