PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cape Town PPRuNE Bash
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2004, 17:15
Rhodie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys...

I have told Bert of the events of the last week, but must now acknowledge that I probably will not make it to CT for the bash...

I have MANY choice words to describe my feelings towards the people responsible, but lets leave those aside for now -

My house was broken into on Wednesday night. I am re-painting and fixing up a bunch of things, so am not staying there while this is done. It did not stop the b*st*rds from coming through the electric fence, posting a "guard" outside my employees cottage and then going in through a window after all but destroying the security gate at the kitchen door. They could not get through it tho'.

So, they then take whatever they could and trash the place.

When my employee thought it safe, he called me - I got there just after 5a.m. - but obviously the creatures had long gone.

It has now cost me in excess of 35k just to try secure the place - never mind the losses..

Viva the 'new SA', viva...

Bert, Gunss, Francois and all the guys - if the bash goes over to just the first week next month - I will be there... that's a promise...

I don't expect you to change things now - just let me know if maybe you want a revenge meet the following week and I'll jump a plane down.

Cheers

R