PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bahrain and Serco
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2004, 04:31
Fly Through

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok guys couldn't resist this any longer. Guys when did you last check prices in Dubai? You will find that most people do not take the housing allowance as cash because it just ain't worth it. Those that do have bought places here (with a substantial investment of their own money) or are couples who both recieve it and live together. The allowance for single/married couples is no where near enough to find a decent place in any of the nicer areas so you are condemned to living in Mirdif (under the approach), way out of town (anybody fancy Sheik Z Highway in a morning?) or adding there own money to the pot. Married with children get a better allowance but if they want to get on the Palm Springs compound (very nice villas) then they will be expected to pay extra for the privilige.

I've only seen one of the apartments in Abu Dhabi so I wouldn't dare to comment. If it so bad there why is it one of our controllers has announced he is leaving to join you?

In general I reiterate everyone elses posts, if you want a paid holiday for two years in the sunshine, with no chance to make any real money then come to serco in the sun. Otherwise stay away as their profit comes out of your pocket.

Ps. T A Dyce PM if you want some figures.