PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ALL NAC pilots threatened with sack!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2004, 14:13
...still single

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
13.2.4(b) A tour of duty or stand by away from the airport exceeding four hours, a minimum of four hours pay.
Woomera
...to me that sounds like "a minimum of four hours pay" for a full day at work. How do you read It?

Stars Jewel
You may be right, all operators might not pay all those allowances, but we're talking about the difference between logs and splinters here. If they pay the correct rate and the correct minimums, then that is a damn good start. No excuse for not paying uniforms, phone, etc but they've got the lions share covered.

That depends:

13.2.4(a) for a tour of duty or stand by away from the airport up to four hours, a minimum of two hours pay; and

The Award, like most Federal & State Awards, is far too complex for the average GA employer or employee to comprehend and comply with. Indeed, employees and employers would be far better served if many of the complex provisions and allowances were replaced with an equivalent monetary benefit.

My two cents worth - it seems irrelevant the AFAP and the IRC would not agree with my opinion, when virtually no GA operator in Australia is complying 100% with all Award provisions.

Woomera

Last edited by Woomera; 22nd Jul 2004 at 23:51.