PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tristar in the hands of Russian owner.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2004, 08:30
petesevenseven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Russian Maintenance!!!!

Was that for us, after reading your post regarding Russian Maintenance I think that you really have NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!

I have alot of experience working around Russian Crews and when in comes to Maintenance every Crew I have seen have been extreemly proffesional incomparison with others!!!! By the way did you know that Aeroflot have been Operating both Airbus 310's and Boeing 777's for quite a while now do you think for one second their engineers have not been trained??? I think you need to get your facts straight mate before you go shooting off like you just have!!!!!

I'm sure that the engineers will recieve adequite trainning to deal with the aircraft that the operation intends to operate. I can tell you this much Russian Pilots put alot of faith in their engineers there is usually excellent communication between both where the engineer will properly brief the pilots of the aircraft of the exact condition of that aircraft on any given day. Agreed it is indeed a very different system of running things where by it's not just a signature in a techlog but ontop of which the pilots actually get a proper briefing on how the entire aircraft is operating prior to getting in and flying, I think that is better than some of our own practices don't you?????!!!!! Lets not forget inorder to do this they would need to be qualified on the aircraft!!!! And yes although in some cases language is a bit of a barrier there are always translators that do help out when in comes to reading manuals and going for courses, and then again there are now Russian Engineers that are pretty fluent in the English language now days!!!!

By the way just out of curiosity have the South Africans ever built a Space Station or with one of their OWN Rockets sent a man in to space, because I know that the Russians have sent a South African into space and brought him back in one piece I wonder how the russian maintenance was on that flight!!!!!?????

Was that for us??? Yes this is for you!!!! I rest my case you need to seriously think twice about what you say and get your facts right.

Pete

Edited for language. 4HP

Last edited by 4HolerPoler; 4th Dec 2004 at 06:08.