PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet (merged)
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2004, 11:43
skyman68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do not be wrong and do not say what I did not say, the ATP was a" joke" for me, but I fly now since 12 years, so all I have learned pratically in the USA, came back in the books when i did my course at Bristol.The US way is not so bad after all.

It is probably hard for people who have a limited experience. the ATP is a lot of study I agree, but it is for anyone who is willing to study 1-2 hours a day.

to pass the CAA exams, here my secret: study all feedback you can get.You must score at least a 95% in all feedbacks if you pass want with a 80-85%.You must be very confortable with the feedbacks.

Off course, you must know the subject. but heh! you just have to read what your school has sent you and work on the Progress test( modular training and non residential course).

everyone should develop his own technick to study, for me, I spent 40% of the time in the binders, and 60% of the time in the feedbacks.

I read my binders when I was in the train, or just before sleep.Took me 1 year. instead to watch TV, I was answering to the progree tests.

then during the brush up course, i studied in my B and B from 6pm to 1 am. week end included.It worked for me, because I studied a little every day, Yes a little only!

so yes, at the end, this ATPL is a "joke"and I do not really understand why guys say it is so hard...I do not think I am smarter, I am not a genius, so what???maybe I am good to answer to some dumb CAA questions.

so if some of you are worried not to have the level or the intelligence(u do not have to be a genius). Do not worry, your school is here to help you and if you have 1-2 hours of free times in your day, it can be done .

my background as an FAA pilot helped me, but I think I could have done it without.