PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas London base
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2004, 11:30
Q-Tee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately for all QF crew ... this is a 'the chicken or the egg' argument ..... biscuit chucker ... you have said that those going to LHR dont give a toss about those staying in Australia? Well do those staying in Australia give a toss about those going to LHR ??? We could argue it back and forth for days .....

The fact is, there ARE (more than ) 400 crew wanting to go to LHR ....those crew have their own 'wants and needs' in mind when considering industrial action over the LHR base .... will they walk out to stop a LHR base ? nope

Are those staying behind considering looking after the LHR based people ??? Nope

The company has us all in a strangle, as there are enough crew wanting to go to LHR to cover a few days industrial action from those not wanting to go there ---> thats a fact.

There is no equal answer to this problem .... and it is a problem that was designed by management .... to have the exact effect that it is doing now .... but rest asssured, there are a heap of people who see this as an opportunity rather than a scurge ..... and thats the current problem for the FAAA...

I have no answers, except that the LHR base suits me, as with (seemingly) over 400 crew .... so the FAAA should take that into account before taking the ' those left in SYD' approach, cos it cant work --> a lot of the FAAA members wish to go ....

As for the personal attacks on me by telling my side on this - well I could care less ..... I am going and nothing will change my mind on that and there are a lot of others like me who wont give up this opportunity ..... opportunities like this for us who are older than the UK Work Visa requirements are few and far between....

And for the "SELFISH AND SENIOR' cries about me , well that has no foundation, as I will be giving up the seniority system to go there .... It will be allocated rosters, no seniority involved And I could care less about that too ....

Chicken and egg argument again .... I am a ' Selfish Senior' well those calling me that must be 'Jealous Juniors'

It's an arguement that will never end .....................

And to be frank, I dont really give a toss