PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ALL NAC pilots threatened with sack!
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2004, 04:47
Stars Jewel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reagardless of what the NAC pilots are getting or Going to get I can bet you there isn't one company on the Airfield that is paying the Award in it's entirety.

The Award covers a lot of expenditures that pilots are presently not reimbursed for. So to all you who are giving advice to the NAC pilots, Ask your selves whether or not your getting the award.

Could someone please Tell me which Company is supposedly paying the award and do their pilots recieve Phone allowances etc..

Paying the Awards hourly rate does not qualify a company to suggest that they are paying the Award.

Suggesting it is the NAC pilots fight for the Award is a bit rich when no one else is paying the Award in it's entire format.

I hope they do fight for it and get it and be the first company to get the whole lot.

As any employee does, a pilot deserve a fair days pay for a fair days work.

Basically the Award gives a two hour minimum at a set rate this gives the pilot a base for a fair days pay. Out of the whole award this is the bit that is the most valuable.

Before the Award pilots had no bargaining power at all now we finally have a form of leverage that we can use to better our conditions.

If it is true that NAC pilots are going to be contracted are they still bound by the Award???? are they still entitled to be paid the award or better??? And who is responsible for this?? the Contractor or the Employer???

And to all you who say that you are getting the award, you'll probably find your not. So make sure you get everything you are entitled to.