PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas employ cadets for JETSTAR ASIA
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2004, 03:18
Hydrolix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think its a pretty good idea. Although unfair to the other cadets, change has to occur at some stage and at some stage there is always going to be someone who is unhappy about it. The only thing I can't work out is why they would go back to being an SO but with 3 or 4 years seniority. It doesn't make sense to me, because surely with that seniority you will be due for an upgrade anyway. I think that they should stick them in the right hand seat so as they don't lose all those hand flying skills that they aquire from Jet* Asia. If those skills because these guys (and girls) are sitting in the jumpseat or simply sitting in a control seat in the cruise for any length of time, then what is the point? The only point I can see is for Jet* Asia to gain cheap FO's for a short amount of time. As I said, good idea in general as I believe cadets need regional FO time in a medium jet before long haul in a heavy jet, but there are a few problems with the idea.

My 2 bob worth

BlueLoo

Also, no need for ATPL for FO position in Asia, and also in a lot of other places in the world. CPL only is fine. ATPL only for Commanders and relief commanders, not FO\'s.