PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bahrain and Serco
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2004, 17:33
Radar Pete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RD

I'm confused, are you currently working in Dubai? The housing allowance easily covers a decent villa in Dubai, flights out of the UAE are still well within the Serco allowance, the medical insurance covers wife and 2 kids and the schooling allowance is pretty good compared to what other companies get (I'm comparing school allowance only when it comes to other companies) and generous leave. I can't believe for one minute that conditions in Dubai are that bad.

Abu Dhabi is slightly less well off as we are told they are different contracts but that does not detract from the quality of life one has here. I do agree, Serco are going to have to pull their socks up and lower their profit margins if they want to stay in the game. CV's are in short supply.

PMS

Sorry, unable to enlighten you. First I have heard of it. No rumours doing the rounds here. Is this perhaps a fact finding mission? If it is facts you want then, yes Serco is having a problem, which is progressively getting worse due to the inability and lack of commitment by the managers. One wonders what the customers will say?

Cheers