PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Old Pilots
Thread: Old Pilots
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2004, 00:14
Lu Zuckerman

Iconoclast

Location: The home of Dudley Dooright-Where the lead dog is the only one that gets a change of scenery.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Age is in the eyes of the beholder. Providing you can still see.

To: PPRUNE FAN#1

Lu, you with me?
Pilots are not the only ones to experience this dilemma in “knowing when to hold them and knowing when to fold them”. I turned 73 last December and in the previous November I completed a three year job working at my computer and being paid very well for it. Since that time I have been offered several good jobs but it would involve driving to Georgia, or, to California or Washington and staying for anywhere from six months to over a year. I just don’t have it any more. I can’t take the travel nor, can I take sitting at a desk and being productive while working under some guy that knows less about my job than I do.

I guess I have folded them and now I am officially retired. I have had a long run from 1955 to 2003 working in all aspects of the aerospace industry. I have a lot to look back on and in looking forward I can see incontinence, bad legs and slow deterioration and then, total freedom.