PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet (merged)
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2004, 15:57
Jetavia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm is this topic getting into a battle between the two sides of the pond?

I have to agree in some of what skyman is trying to point out. Having an e-business myself running a decent sized community on the internet, I have to say that most airlines "recruitment-systems" do not make the grade!

First of all a decent system should have the applicant create a user account with a login, that way you can allways login, and change or delete your details, as you have changes in eg. hours, flying-time, availability, marital-status!! ... don't you just hate filling in the same form again and again? After completing the application form, the applicant should receive a confirmation letter along with your login information, explaining that the application is now on file, and how the airline will use the data in it's recruitment process.

The airline should remember that many applicants are actually interested in what is going on in the airline, making a quarterly newsletter would not be a bad idea!!

Last point is a standardized application form, my god the airlines want all different splits on your logged hours, they are of course never as it is split up in your logbook .. the result, it will take you a VERY long time to fill in each application form.... the JAA should really make ONE standard logbook for professional pilots, a standardized application forms can then be based on that logbook!

Just my 5 cents worth