PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas London base
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2004, 10:18
Q-Tee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, if you think I am management, then I spose you are right - I am an ONBOARD MANAGER .... that does make me management (although one without any agenda to push !!)

I am also someone who can see the inevitable, and choose to take the best out of it.

Many people see this as a great opportunity, the only people who dont are those who dont do any flights except LHR, and are banking on the allowances etc ... and those who cannot accept the inevitable change ... I feel sorry for those, but they cannot stop this base happening, although I doubt the real (high up)management would admit it ..... think about it, this isnt an overnight decision, its been one in the making for at least two years ... QF could not survive if it made operational decisions like this overnight or on a whim .... they have done their homework, and will have all the aspects covered ---> this is what they do.

I want to go to LHR, those that dont want the base to open are thinking of themselves and what they will be losing .... I am thinking of what those of us going there will be gaining !!!!

Oh and yes I am a union member ---> and no I will not take industrial action to stop the base opening as I see it as
a) useless (it wont stop the base) and
b) I wish to go to LHR .... simple as that.

And if anyone thinks that I could sway QF crew about this issue based on an anonymous forum which most crew probably dont read, well thats a bit odd. If I really wanted to sway crew I could do more 'swaying' on a ten day trip with the crew on my trips ....

Oh and Q-Tee = Cutie (which of course I am ----> for an old Lass )