PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet (merged)
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2004, 20:14
skyman68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, let me explain you something: these JAA exams are a "joke". you just have to study the feedbacks, and you pass the exams by answering a,b, c, or d.You can study the binders , up to you.View my experience in this field, I did not have any problem to understand the "udge amount" of knowledge you have to "learn".(oh yes, it was bloody hard, studied day and night, I even divorced and my kids are in jail...) Sorry tron, if it was hard for you, for me it was a pure pleasure thanks to Bristol (30 to 180 minutes study a day for 1 year).

then where is the oral exam when you do your flight test??, it s non- existant here. in the USA, I was worried about the 45-60 minutes interrogations with an FAA examiner(5 hours for my FAA CFI, yop!, all morning and 2 hours flight). So this is my personal point of view and I would like you respect that.

Like many of us I come from the USA and I am at my second log book.Yes, I found the JAA written not very hard!In France, several years ago, it was 5 times harder.Any french guy will tell you the same.

Ok,back to this computer' story!

I can understand that a company have a computerised system to select applicants, but it is not right to not have any feedbacks. I have sent my application 6 months ago, still nothing and I know guys who wait for 2 years....I know bigger airlines who have the amability to send you an email telling you they do not hire pilot at this time, Easy jet: NOTHING!!!! and there is not only easyjet.

By law, a company can not keep your application if they do not hire you .Or they have to ask your authorisation .Ok, on easyjet website, u can erase ur datas but it s not the case everywhere!

I think this sytem become crazy. we are selected by a computer based on a certain number of datas.Years ago, people were complaining when a company was asking to send a handwritten cover letter .Now you just check the box.

I do not care if an airline receives lot of C.V. I am a human pilot and not only a CAA number and I just ask that someone tell me if they have kept or throw away my CV. is it to much to ask? or should I pay 50 quids like ryanair does to get a negative answer???.

sorry for my broken english.

Last edited by skyman68; 18th Jul 2004 at 20:24.