PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilots to have stun Guns !!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2001, 00:58
Covenant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boing

You missed the point of my question. I wasn't debating whether indeed Americans are more culturally able to handle firearms. This sidesteps the issue, because not all airline pilots are Americans. Again, are you suggesting that we only arm American pilots?

Tripower
Likewise, I apologise if any of my comments denigrated you or your opinions.

There is a world of difference between arguing your point and accusing someone of being ignorant or incompentent simply because they disagree with you. I think I hold a valid opinion, and it contributes nothing to the argument to claim that I only hold it because I'm stupid or know nothing.

My first post, 10/16/01 16:49, contained no derogatory remarks, simply an opinion with some questions and some argument. For that, I received from you the following:

You have OBVIOUSLY NOT thought this completely through!

I will put this in VERY SIMPLE TERMS.........
[presumably because I'm too stupid to understand anything else]
From Roadtrip I got the following:

Covenent - You're deeply challenged when it comes to critical thinking skills.

You are one of those people that cower behind other men better than yourself for your defense.

You also obvious that you have no idea about firearms training in the military or police, either.

Covenent, you're critical thinking skills are deeply wanting and are typical of someone who spouts off opinions based on an emotional agenda without subject knowledge or rational thinking.
This isn't argument, it's abuse. Yes, I reacted to it, that is one of my failings. I know it's not a very good defence, but all I can say is that I didn't start it.

What I object to most is that because I express an opinion that is against pilots being armed, I get jumped on as if I were some kind of gun-hating, pinko, liberal European wimp who has never seen or handled a gun in his life.

By the way, I don't think there is a consenus among your colleagues about this, Boing's opinion notwithstanding. This thread proves that.

[ 17 October 2001: Message edited by: Covenant ]