PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas London base
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2004, 10:39
Q-Tee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cabinfever

The one thing the FAAA is forgetting, is probably up to 400 of it's MEMBERS wish to go to LHR, the FAAA is supposed to represent all members, and yes the thought of industrial action is a scary one, but the FAAA should remember they will not get compliance for industrial action for those who wish to go to LHR - we see it as a great opportunity ..... I am a member, but as I wish to go to LHR base, I will not take industrial action to stop the base happening ..... nor will anyone else considering the opportunity now, or considering it after the first two year contracts are finished ....more and more people are wanting to go .... yes that may be bad for those not wanting to go .... but the cap expires in December, the company wil never,never,never re-negotiate it . that is clear... so let those wanting to take the opportunity take it !! The thing the FAAA should be fighting for is better conditions for those Aussie crew who wish to go there, they should be supporting ALL members .... those of us wanting to go to LHR pay the same FAAA (recently hiked) fees as everyone else..