PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virginia Airshow (Bell 407 loop & roll thread)
Old 15th Jul 2004, 06:38
clipboard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Helifan, we all know who STARLIGHT is, who its owned by, who runs it etc. It looks like you're trying to do a bit of marketing here, and in the process you're trying to slate the others. Bad move!

The aviation industry in this country is very small, and an act such as looping and rolling a civilian helicopter, not certified to perform these manouvers, will of course, attract huge interest. Irrespective of what a great guy or how good the pilot is. The handbook says NO, the manufacturers says NO, so which part don't you understand?

Everyone in this business have been talking about these manouvers, and I can assure you the CAA has been inundated with calls from whoever has an interest. So the news are broadcasted by those in the know, and what remains a fact, is that the pilot had NO authority from the CAA to perform these manouvers.

Now whether he is a great pilot and great guy, which I'm sure he is, he screwed up, and this is what this criticism is all about. Think about it carefully! If it was your machine, would you have condoned the manouvers? Somehow I don't think so....