PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Duty hours? weight and balance? you're avin a larf!
Old 14th Jul 2004, 22:36
con-pilot

Aviator Extraordinaire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kilroy, could you please back up your statement with a few facts please. As I have nearly 4,000 hours in Westwinds I really have a very hard time understanding how they could have had an C-G problem. The biggest C-G problem one faces in a Westwind is a forward C-G especially with only the crew on board and full fuel unless the aux. fuel tank installed and filled. If in fact that particular Westwind had that option, the removable aux. tank was only standard on the Westwind II. If my memory serves me correctly the aux. tank held a little over 100 US gallons, about 700 pounds in all.

Now if the aft baggage compartment (the smaller baggage compartment aft of the engines) were filled with gold ingots I guess you could have an aft C-G problem, however that seems unlikely. However the gold ingots would possibly explain why the aircraft was a 1000 pounds overweight. How many people were on board?

The Westwind II I flew we could carry 3 passengers with baggage with full fuel including the aux. tank. We were well
within C-G.

Thank you.

CP

Forgot to add that it has been about 15 years since I flew Westwinds so I could be wrong, but that's what I remember.

CP