PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virginia Airshow (Bell 407 loop & roll thread)
Old 14th Jul 2004, 20:29
B Sousa
Gatvol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Geesh, I go up to Mozambique for a week and come back to all these neat threads....
Looped a 407, must be a great show, bet there will be big over that.
I want to see something in writing that Bell buys off on it, I cant believe you will see it in a million years. In which case the owners of said machine will no doubt own a pretty piece of aluminum that can probably be transported to the nearest school for a playground oddity. At least all the serialized components.
You South Africans must have lot of money, thats an expensive way to get an aircraft scrapped.
Rumor has it that the Pilot is a Super guy and great Pilot. He had to know that there would be big over this one. One Hundred times more than a whole fleet of Hueys in the Cape..
Had a friend looped a Cobra in Vietnam, in the middle of a shoot out. The Transmission Bolts streched over half an inch. Tailboom and airframe was so wrinkled, the Maintenance Officer had the whole thing crushed as combat loss. Older Bells didnt like loops..
Guess these new ones are much newer technology, only have a few hours in the 407 but I think the book says not to do that stuff, so am seriously waiting to see Bells response .....
Im sure other 407 owners are lining up to let this guy fly their aircraft.......worldwide coverage..