PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilots to have stun Guns !!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2001, 06:58
Roadtrip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You're still not reading Steepclimb. You need to go back and read, at least, all my posts on this subject. But, if you want to continue to mis-state my position, I guess I can't stop you.

One of the primary parts is not to be surprised. That's what cabin monitoring CCTV, etc and hardened cockpit doors are for -- to give enough time for the pilots to recognize a bad situation developing, form a hasty plan, and execute it, if necessary.

As far as WHO breaks down a cockpit door, that is immaterial. ANYONE who attempts for forceably breach a cockpit door much be considered a suicidal terrorist. To do any less is an deriliction of your responsibility.

Last ditch lethal defense of the cockpit is just that - last-ditch and means behind a hardened cockpit door that can at least give me 10-30 seconds (and hopefully several hours), so as to make lethal force unnecessary. BUT, if the door fails for whatever reason, we CANNOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES RELINQUISH COMMAND OF THE AIRCRAFT. CAN AND WILL I KILL SOMEONE TO PREVENT THAT? ABSOLUTELY. If you don't have the stomach for that, then in light of the current world situation, you need to find another profession so potentially thousands more don't get killed to satisfy your selfish sensibilities.

Can I hit a someone in the chest from 5 feet away. YES . . . . even if I'm excited.

[ 16 October 2001: Message edited by: Roadtrip ]