PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virginia Airshow (Bell 407 loop & roll thread)
Old 14th Jul 2004, 14:38
Helifan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been following this thread closely and cannot help but notice the subtle change in attitude from those individuals posting who seem to know a lot more insider info regarding this incident than others – where are you getting all your info from?.
What started out as a request for more details from an interested PPruner, has now turned into a platform to discredit the pilot, his colleges and the company they represent – STARLITE AVIATION (spelt out for those individuals who have a problem remembering the name).

In my opinion, the real issues regarding this incident is slowly being overshadowed by those individuals who’s apparent interest is to discredit their opposition – a pretty cheap way of indirectly marketing oneself if this is the case.
This is what I believe to be the real issue here and not the fact that an extremely talented pilot looped and barrel rolled a very capable helicopter with prior CAA approval, albeit with only 1 of the 2 owners permission, and stole the show.

Let us not allow this incident to deteriote into yet another one of those infamous aviation political bun fights that always ends up running out of momentum and yet leave a trail of bad relationships amongst fellow aviators and forces authorities like CAA into positions where they are obliged to enforce even stricter laws and procedures.

And lets face it airshows are places where we got to witness extra extrodinary aviation manoeuvres calculated and performed by extra ordinary pilots. I bet that if we had to analyse most of the high profile displays performed at airshows today against the operational limitations of the aircraft used in these displays, we would find that most of the aircraft used would have exceeded there limitations somewhere during thier sorties.