PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA verses EZY
Thread: BA verses EZY
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2004, 08:14
Scottie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1. Designer Uniforms? Do you really go to work for that?
2. 78 destinations throughout Europe
3. Majority of days are 4 or 2 sectors. Only GLA, EDI & BFS have six sector days and these have been reduced, normally only one or two on roster per month.
4. Roster Stability - mine hasn't changed significantly in about 6 months.
5. Hotel Accommodation - well since we are home every night we don't need it, get it? However I've stayed in Marriotts, Thistle and Holiday Inns with eJ. Personally since I get perhaps one night away per month I'm not bothered.
6. Minimum Rest - ask your BA shorthaul collagues about that one!
7. Crew Transport, why when we are 10 min walk from the aircraft at my base?
8. Crew meals, yep we get em.
9. Dedicated staff? Ha ha make me laugh - a bunch of whingers like the rest of us!
10. Reliability - expand please
11. I check in at my crew room, don't need a fancy crew centre.
12. Career progression - well some of us are quite happy in what we do. I have no wish for long haul or pseudo management positions.
13. As part of the workforce I am satisfied. People will move on to the like of Virgin to try longhaul, if thats their wish so be it. Bit like BA pilots leaving for Emirates & Cathay I suppose....
14 easyJet is a young company and I hope the staff travel improves but it's not a decision I make when looking at employers. I'd rather be home.
15. Sorry I don't know any eJ pilots on stress leave so perhaps you could enlighten me?

Having spoken with some retired BA skippers they've said there is no point in any of us joining BA as the company is not what it once was and the career opportunities at my present company are better.

Carry on with points 16 - 100000 as I'm really enjoying this