PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virginia Airshow (Bell 407 loop & roll thread)
Old 13th Jul 2004, 07:27
Sir Cumference

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been in contact with people in the know this morning and the facts are as follows:

1. Bell or any representative of Bell have NOT inspected the machine.
2. Certainly one of the owners was not aware of the display and "was white with rage" after the event and wanted instant clarification from Bell as to where he stood.
3. The CAA would only have approved the show if they were convinced that Bell had given approval, which Bell had not.
4. Bell have requested a copy of the video which has been forwarded to them for investigation. They have received information from CE as to how he performed the manoeuvre. This has not been tested and would never be sanctioned by Bell.
5. Bell would only ever do something like this in an experimental machine and by the test pilots, which has not happened.

The official stance from Bell is that further operation of this machine is entirely at the owner's risk! Warranty issues down the road, I am sure that we are all on the same page as to how those requests will be treated!

A show stopper all the same and I was very glad to have been witness to it. I doubt that I would be happy to fly that machine and I would be mad if I was the owner, but hell have I gained respect for the 407!

Last edited by Sir Cumference; 13th Jul 2004 at 07:39.