PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Braathens pilots fired?
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2004, 07:10
OffCourse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Charlie: You aren't really answering my or Yeager's posts at all.

Yeager's post is "BS" (which parts of it?), and you admit I am right ("There will most likely be som more surplus in both camps"), only to conclude that i am "Off Course".

I know that BU pilots (including you, it seems), think that there is no surplus at Braathens and that if there's going to be layoffs in either of the companies, this will be in SAS. This is wrong.

The reason for that is that the braathens pilots' have a far less effective collective agreement than SAS. And as Yeager states, it has been decided at SAS' "tjänstgöringsbilag" will be used in SAS Braathens, as it is the most efficient.

As SAS Braathens wil operate under SAS' "tjänstgöringsbilag", this deal will also be used to determine how many pilots per aircraft SAS Braathens need. This number is far smaller than the number of pilots Braathens have on their 26 airplanes as of today.

In other words, when you say that "There is hardly any surplus at Braathens," that might be so now, using BU's ineffective collective agreement. But the pilot surplus in Braathens will not be determined on the basis of that agreement.