PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Greek Summer Programme From Lba
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2004, 17:20
hotline

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greek Summer Programme From Lba

This is something LBA has failed to have in any quantity for several years (basically since the demise of SunSeeker Leisure in 1994). Just wondering why. This summer, the only Greek flight is a weekly Corfu trip operated by Britannia, and utilised by Thomson and (I think) MyTravel. Last year, we had this flight plus a Wednesday Rhodes for half the season (MyTravel) and a Tuesday Heraklion (Transavia) which again was only for part of the season. Seemingly a rather half-a****d programme IMHO.
And now, even less.

I'm guessing here, but to do a full Greek programme from Leeds would more than likely necessitate the basing of a second aircraft
from MyTravel or Britannia. It could cover Santorini, Kos, Rhodes,
Skiathos, Corfu, Kefalonia, Zakynthos, Thessalonika, Chania and Heraklion and probably have time to do Paphos, Larnaca, Sardinia, Rome and Naples as well in the space of seven days. Would the tour operators/airlines be willing to base more than one aircraft at LBA for this purpose ? The thing is, the traditional Spanish destinations are served daily by Jet2 which probably doesn't do the tour operators any favours.

Anyone in the know care to comment on this one ? Getting fed up
having to fly from Manchester for my Greek sojourns !