PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Funny R/T Sayings?
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2004, 13:14
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was at Cranfield a few weeks ago, when the wind was about 15kts at exactly 90 degrees to the main runway. Think the controller must have fancied a challenge - he was not only offering pilots a choice of using either direction on the main runway, but also offered the smaller runway if you didn't fancy the crosswind. It caused a few comments which made me laugh at the time - I've forgotten most of them now, but I do remember him telling one aircraft that the active runway was "36 at the moment, but that might change a couple of times before you reach the airfield, depending how I'm feeling."

Then there was the time I was flying my Europa, and Farnborough told me I was following "another Europa helicoptor". I informed him that I was fixed-wing, and he asked me to confirm my type. I replied that the type was a Europa, which is a fixed-wing aeroplane. "Oh, right.... didn't know that!" Not sure how many Europas this guy had provided a service to in the past and treated as helicoptors without realising......

FFF
-------------