PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian ATC controllers world's worst?
Old 8th Jul 2004, 11:57
Hempy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am just a poor PPL who has little experience with ATC because most of my flights are conducted VFR in G or E airspace. But, here's my opinion anyway.

Are Australian controlers the worst in the world? Probably not; their reputation has been dragged into the mud by a really crappy union reluctant to tell the truth. Had they stood up and screamed "NAS will cost jobs" they would have had much more respect from the industry that they got by screaming "unsafe".

Can anyone tell me - without using the phrase "unique Australian conditions" - why NAS works in the crowded US skies but is considered unsafe in Australia?

The other problem, as I see it, is that the administrators from Airservices, CASA, DOTARS, right up to John Howard and John Anderson probably are the worst in the world at what they do. They appear to have an agenda to privatize Airservices and shut all the loss-making GA airports.

This will cost ATC jobs ... yet nary a squeak has been heard from CivilAir. It will also cost the big operators $$$ because enroute charges will surely increase when FIS is run by a private concern.

I worry about the future of aviation in Australia from all aspects, especially seeing as the corruption of vested interests are pulling the politicians' string, effectively masking the truth from the general public.
Is this a serious post or a beat-up?