PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heart Murmurs
Thread: Heart Murmurs
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2004, 18:30
Inverted81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Fred,
I'm not a doctor, so this only things as i see it
First of all i wouldn't panic... if you haven't shown any other symptoms then you should be fine and dandy. I was diagnosed as having one as a baby then before my RAF medical 4 years ago for a scholarship, it was all cleared. I recently went for my initial class 1 as well and was told that i have the murmur again (if it ever did go away that is). I feel fine, my ecg and chest x ray are all clear, so i am not worrying. I have read around the subject a bit more and my understanding is that heart murmurs are a VERY COMMON problem, and often are never detected. it just indicates a leaky valve or turbulent flow etc... my doc also said it could also just be caused by anxiety. I'm being sent for an echocardiogram as well, as the CAA will need proof that the murmur has been investigated ( i believe just a matter of procedure etc) and i was implicently told NOT TO WORRY. Now obviously every case is different, but the chances are, everything will be A OK. I just wanna get my test sorted and done with as well... hee hee.
take it easy.... no need to panic....
Chris