PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quality flight schools in Australia
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2004, 23:43
grrowler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They have done exactly what they are supposed to do. Train you to get your various licences and ratings.
Which is fine, if they do that. I wasted considerable time and money at Aerospace, and ended up leaving after the quoted time to do an instructor rating had doubled, and I wasn't even half way through. This was due to their instructors not wanting to do briefings, and management not giving a rats. Then they had the hide to send me a 50 buck "cancellation fee". Yeah right, cheques in the mail!
guybrush,

A few points of advise:
Avoid paying for your course up front, a lot of the bigger schools will try this. Once they've got your money you're kinda stuck, and you can't walk away from them easily.

Don't believe the school's PR machine. Statistics do not show an impending worldwide pilot shortage, contrary to what they try to tell you. They will not help you find work after you finish. Their 20 year old instructors are most probably not "some of the most experienced in the field".

If possible get talking to current and former students, especially away from the school, and find out what's really going on.

Good Luck