PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas London base
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2004, 18:08
skyboy1919

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would like to add my two pence worth about this. Although I have only been flying for 8 years, I have seen a few changes in the industry, and one of them is the opening of foreign as such bases, and I cannot belive how upset people are getting over it. In the UK, ( which I do not think is that ****ty, and have been based in many places around the world ) many airlines have bases around Europe, and the world. And I think it is great, Qantas passengers are not all Aussies, many are Brits and Europeans, and that should although I think its great when you get on board a National carrier as such to have crew from that country, I belive culture awareness is just as important. Its not that they are reducing jobs in Australia is it? So why is everyone against it, my airline has crew based in about 15 different places, 7 overseas, we are a british airline, with crew from around the world, and I think its great, this is starting to become a slagging match and not a forum, I understand you should be able to express views, but this post has now just become one or two peoples slagging match, which is very sad, those that do not want to come to LHR dont. Those that don, come and enjoy, we would love to have ya, as for Brits working for you, wont be the end of the world will it? we are not that bad! Use this post to gain information, and warn people if things are not looking good, but not to slag of the weather, or rent prices, I was lucky enough to be based in Aus over the winter with my last airline, that has now gone bust, and I loved it, would nt move, got stiched up with pay, but loved it, made the most and enjoyed it for what it was, a great chance to see the oposite side of the world, for free!!!!