PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - U.S. to order military dependents out of Bahrain
Old 5th Jul 2004, 10:41
EuroATC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should the expats leave and give into these fanatics, NOT!
Its time for all expats to stand together against these people
Are you for real? Oh so what do you propose? We expats start our own little army and bang the terrorists?? I am sorry but you live in a dreamworld my friend. Was your life back in UK, North America or wherever you are from so bad that you won't return? SAUDI is not a safe place period. The US Gov believe Bahrain will follow suit.. if and when?? who knows. Why would you even take a chance, how would you feel if your wife and child were out at a shopping mall and someone let off a car bomb at the entrance? OHH it was all worth it for the all mighty buck! I don't know you personally but your comments knocked me on my a**. It's time all expats evaluate their situations in SAUDI/Bahrain. Do you actually think the gov out here (bahrain for example) could avert such a disaster? They can't even control speeding on the roads.. how do you expect them to filter out the bad guys at the causeway! Both my wife and I are outta here in a couple weeks... til then we are laying low and not putting ourselves in a position where we could be a "soft targets".