PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC Humour (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2004, 14:49
the coyote

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
A couple from an Aussie chopper driver:

Beetling over Melbourne airport in a R22 with a student and the tower advises a 747 on final that there's a robbo overhead at 2000'. 747 replies "Brave boys!". It did make me wonder!

At Moorabbin in a R22 and I request clearance adding that "we'd like to muck around on the eastern grass for some hover training". Tower comes back "Cleared to muck..."

Doing a photo job of a well known Melbourne football ground (that is now closed) during a game and I advise Melbourne Radar that we are doing airwork at the ground. Melbourne Radar replies "What's the score?"

A few years ago when Essendon (the bombers) won the AFL grand final, Moorabbin ATIS the next day was "Moorabbin Information Bombers".

And from Luanda, Angola:
We report ready at the holding point and Tower clears us to line up on runway 25 with a Beech 1900 on short final! After we sort that one out and the 1900 lands he tells us to line up and wait on 25. The next words from him about 30 seconds later while we wait for take off clearance, are "XXX (a huge 4 prop russian cargo plane) runway 25 cleared to land". The Russian pilot repeatedly tells him he cannot land on 25 (because of us). We rip it into the hover and clear the runway to see this Antonov whiz past us giving it the gas and going round for runway 23 instead. Cool as a cucumber the Tower clears us for takeoff.....and gave us nothing but silence when we gave him the "please explain"!

If it wasn't so dangerous it'd be funny anyway.....