PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas London base
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2004, 04:35
Argus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yellow Rocket

What I’m saying is that I believe there’s a correlation between poor QF staff morale (for whatever reasons) and poor customer service. I’m not suggesting, however, that this is solely the fault of the cabin staff. As in all walks of life, it takes two to tango. QF management over the years has consistently failed to grapple with all of the issues that contributors to this thread have identified as being major divisive workplace and culture/attitudinal issues.

As I previously said, the locating of jobs offshore is a separate issue. Some see opportunities, others see threats. Being but a humble ‘punter’ (sorry to disappoint you L2P no snout in the trough - I don't even own Qantas shares, let alone work or have ever applied to work for QF or any other airline), I’m not privy to the small print. However, from what other posters have said, there’s a safety net for those who accept; and no forced redundancies for those who don’t. On this basis, it seems a 'win/win' situation to me.

What does concerns me is that in all of the bickering, there’s no consideration for the poor old customer who pays the fares that keeps the whole show on the road. Complaints to Qantas either go unanswered or are responded to in ambiguous language that rarely answers the questions put by the complainant. Cabin service is, at best something of a lottery. So punters vote with their feet.

Take a moment to look again at the 2004 Cabin Staff survey The supporting information says that it attracted more than two million (2,117,846) eligible nominations from 93 different nationalities over a 10 month period, there were detailed back-up interviews of a representative sample of respondents and, finally, data weighting was applied to provide nomination equity when evaluating airlines of different size and network. Unless that’s all a load of guff, it’s a well run survey, with reliable results.

So the question is, if QF fails to make the top 10, two years in a row, when will ALL who are resonsible for customer service get on with the job of lifting the company's game?

Last edited by Argus; 2nd Jul 2004 at 08:27.