PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian ATC controllers world's worst?
Old 1st Jul 2004, 14:47
Binoculars

Just Binos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
an ndb step?

Never mind. What I am fascinated about here is that a thread started by the only person I have ever put on "ignore" can, without his "look at me I'm a friggin hero with a bone" input turn into a useful thread whereby people on both sides can learn something.

My only specific input here is to suggest that from my experience a pilot's definition of a good controller is one who gets him/her airborne or on the ground in the shortest possible time. Those who grant us permission to continue holding a licence don't always agree with that criterion.

From the point of view of a procedural tower/approach controller who's seen a few landings in his time, my number one rule for all concerned remains that if two aircraft want to be in the same place (final for the duty runway) at the same time, one of them is not going to achieve it. If it's you, don't take it personally.

Sometimes I despair at the stupidity and ignorance occasionally on display in D&G. At other times it's a pleasant surprise to read. Ladies and gentlemen, can I suggest we continue this thread with everybody's best interests at heart rather than egos?

Friggin' bone here!