PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What sort of Pilots are EK?
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2004, 11:19
330 Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seaman Staynes,
"will be expected to behave by some Captains ( generally the older ones) like you haven't got any experience at all, do not exude confidence as this will unsettle a lot of Captains who are not sure of their own ability, and with some of the Captains nothing you do will be right so just keep your head down and be the company man. Sounds fun !!!"

Sorry, but I just could not let your last post go by. I have not encountered one Captain that expected me to act as you have described . I am sure that I have more total time than most of the Captains that I have flown with, in fact I had more PIC in jets than one of the Captains I flew with had for total time. Every Captain I have flown with has been nothing short of professional, courtious, and open to listening to my experience, should the need arise. Luckly I know when to be quiet and when to speak up. As you well know a good First Officer knows when to keep his head down and when to stick it up over the railing. Lots and lots of hours with my ass in the seat taught me that. It has nothing to do with being a good company man, but with being a good First Officer. That is after all what you are.

Beer is on me at the Irish Village!

330 Man