PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas London base
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2004, 03:48
RaverFlaver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been following this thread, with an open mind to all the points that have been mentioned and now I just want to express what I feel. I want to highlight that I am not a flight attendant and am Australian.

I think that the main issues that have been discussed or the main concern is......

A:
That some QF crew don't want people other than Australians working from the London Base.

I kind of think that it is a very narrow minded approach and resembles views of Pauline Hanson and her hideous claims and attacks against other ethnic groups taking jobs away from Australians.

Also I would think the experience of working with foreign crews would add to the excitement and interest in working with different races and for an international airline.

B:
Further more QF is being referred to as the "Worlds greediest airline", and how greedy they are for money.

Is it not the crew who are complaining about the London base, primarily concerned about the reduced money/allowances, reduced destinations and reduced Australain crew crewing flights, portraying themselves as greedy too?

A lot of companies go through change and develpoment, that see currrent situations for the employees changed, that effects them directly, though most tend to adapt to the change and continue, and more often than not, new and sometimes better outcomes are acheived for both the employees, customers and business.

Even though QF is making record profits, doesn't make it wrong for it to want to increase the profit share even more. Unfortunatley the areas they look in are the area's where money can be saved.

If it was your company I ask what you would do. Would you settle for the current state, or would you want your company to grow more and more financially?

C:
Why don't people try and look at other area's in the company where reductions can be made, or possiblities other than what is being done now and putting it forward to management as you guys are the ones who probably know the company the best? By being proactive in providing alternatives or other solutions to what is being put through by management now may help in some way.

D:
I understand, feel sorry for and sympathise with the what has happened re the shortlist. I think that maybe QF could have held on to the shortlist applicants longer and offered them the positions that may come up in the future for the London base, and do think that they should have given shortlisters the opportunity to take up the Auckland base if they wanted to.

E:
I am only expressing my view, and indeed might I add that I may lack the knowledge, exact circumtstances and conditions that others may be privvy to, but just wanted to post.

No harm or upset to anyone is meant.

Have a great day.

RaverFlaver