PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian ATC controllers world's worst?
Old 30th Jun 2004, 19:26
Prop's ????

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
karrank

a big apol to the Virgin I vectored all over the sky to get to WAREN at 03 yesterday. Well, we got there at 02+30sec, but you had told me at 160ML you could have got there at 03 on track!

When the crew advised they could make good the required time, they would have computed that via the FMC, RTA page and would have slowed down.

However, when you give vectors the RTA may be left out. Most operators would have the assumption your vectors should be extending track miles to make good the RTA. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Q. Do you understand we can’t wash off 100 knots in a few seconds? Sometimes I have to wonder if the person at the other end has ever been flying.

Eg: A very bad situation, Cancel speed restrictions above and below 10,000 on the NAREL STAR.

That part is ok.

At around 7,000ft, track direct to ROC, for V/A RWY 16. ($hit, we are too high) If the speed restriction had remained, the possibility of making a calm visual approach would be much greater. Instead we now have hands going crazy try to get down fast.

I’m not saying this happens all the time, but you asked for specifics.

I could go on, karrank if you would like to set up a private chat, be my guest.