PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas London base
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2004, 10:55
GalleyHag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The decision has been made and when QF make a decision they almost never back away from it, when it comes to cost cutting.

Therefore all I hope for is that ONLY Australians will operate out of this base. It is unacceptable to have U.K. Citizens operate all flights out of London on an Australian airline when the reason is all about money not language or cutural reasons, these are jobs that Australian's deserve and no-one else.

If the shoe was on the other foot and B.A. decided that U.K. crew would never operate down to Australia again only Australian crew if a base was ever set up we would never hear the end of it.

Q-Tee I wish you the best of luck with the selection process and the positive contribution you make to prune.

I dont agree with the base opening and London is just the start, you can bet once the cap is removed and QF see the real savings from the London base that bases will be opening all over the place effecting the lives of all Australian QF crew. Not to mention the opportunity for Australians wanting to be flight attendants with Qantas is also going off-shore.

L2P and people that think that way are the only ones that can make a difference, QF need to know that this is not acceptable, and the crew are not just going to sit back and take it, they are out there trying to make a difference and fight for their careers, should they just give in without a fight?

Last edited by GalleyHag; 30th Jun 2004 at 12:52.