PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blue Fox - Pilots' Paradise?
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2001, 16:35
Chutney

Question

Mr Fixer I don't doubt your concerns regarding the source of the funding and lack of any airline experience in the startup for Newlines but I think you need to review your comments about the ability of the 757 to be used for long haul business class ops.

Air 2000 who are reputed to be the AOC holder who will operate the a/c on behalf of Newlines until they get their own AOC (if ever) are not unaccustomed to operating the B757 in an all 1st class mode around the world. Every year on behalf of TCS they convert 2 of their 757's to an all 1st class seat layout with 90 seats and an extended galley and operate 'Air Cruises' around the world to some very exotic destinations including Mongolia, Easter Island, Galapagos, Roratonga and many other locations. Their passengers are very wealthy people who enjoy this sirt of travel and pay upwards of $40,000 a head for the privelege.

Next year I believe that Air 2000 will be converting 3 a/c for this work for 17 themed trips. Therefore I think your views on the a/c being unsuitable and the AOC holder who will operate the a/c on behalf of Newlines being only used to 'leisure' operations is a bit unprofessional of you and points to a possible underestimate of your competitions plans. I am sure that whatever happens to Newlines that Air 2000 will make sure they have enough money up front not to be burnt by any of the other shortcomings of the new startup.