PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas London base
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2004, 06:08
Q-Tee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Argus ..... it seems come others do not ....

This is the mail L2P sent me :

UK bases
There are far more intelligent people than yourself trying to prevent the export of 400 Australian jobs overseas. Their efforts also include trying to maintain the working conditions of Australian based Longhaul FA's.
Posting what you earned last year does not help the cause. If you have the ability, try thinking about people other than yourself before you post.
If Lesley Grant gets her way YOU wont have a job worth having once you get sick of living in S.E. UK.

L2P

Now I arent gonna even really bother to respond to such an attack .... except to say that even the FAAA reps admit there is no possibility of returning the overseas base numbers cap after it expires in December .... so me going to London is making the best of a changing situation at work.

But people such as L2P are one of the reasons that I wish to work in an overseas base .... the people who are there will want to be there, we will have a happy little base without the nastiness of working in SYD. I have put up with the 'crew militant dictators' forcing their opinions on everyone for far too long now...

The people who fail to change with this ever changing industry, are the ones who will be out of a job ..... and like the dinosaurs, those who cannot adapt and make the best of new situations will be the ones that will be extinct.

Oh and before L2P starts some dribble that I am management or have alterior motives for being positive about the LHR base , I arent ..... I am just a humble air hostess who is looking at the positives, rather than the majority of those in QF crew ranks who choose to focus on the negatives.

Plus an old gal like me could do with a bit of adventure in her life - and thats how I see it

Ciao for now, I dont think I will be posting here again - differing opnions I can deal with .... however out & out rudeness and aggression ?? Well, I get enough of from the L2P's of the world at work

Happy flying guys and gals

Oh and PS, sorry about not responding to the hundreds of other PMs, I didnt realise that facility was there till today