PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian ATC controllers world's worst?
Old 30th Jun 2004, 05:42
karrank

Mostly Harmless

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One of the great things about being an ATC is feedback. Every six months somebody sits behind me exercising any rating I have and ensures I'm safe & efficient & providing services in a standard way (in their opinion anyhow).

When he/she is writing up the assessment they can't just write "Generally poor standard with rare bursts of mediocrity," they talk SPECIFICS.

Information flows from and to the major operators but I'm not aware of such a generally low opinion of us. In our regular staff forum session on Monday we had a visit from the B737 safety guy from White Rat airlines. All he had to say was we didn't seem to appreciate their workload in the TMA when confronted with a change to ILS approaches.

Blurtall seems to have saved up a career's worth of vitriol for his opening post, but I'd be happy to hear specifics from him or anyone. I want to learn how to do my job better.

Talking specifics, a big apol to the Virgin I vectored all over the sky to get to WAREN at 03 yesterday. Well, we got there at 02+30sec, but you had told me at 160ML you could have got there at 03 on track!