PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - need a lucky break
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2004, 03:47
dodo_uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lemoncurd,
Don't tar your self with my messy brush! At 26 I would say you have a lot more to offer than me. You are mature, yet still have plenty of flying time ahead of you. You also have a university degree. I don't. In fact you wouldn't even wipe your bottom on my record of academic achievements. Despite my expensive schooling, I managed to escape with just 2 scruffy, small pieces of paper that prove how much fun I was having at the neighbouring girl's school when I should have been studying!

I may currently have my own business, but I am still a drop out, and drop outs don't belong on flight decks.

If anything is stopping you, it's your mature and Wise outlook on life which gives you a stronger grip on reality than some of the young, high flying hopefuls that are here. Wisdom is your asset. Life experience helps you to keep your feet on the ground, and your head out of the clouds, but don't keep your feet too firmly on the ground, or your head too far from the clouds, as I think you still have a good chance! Don't give up on my account.