PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bmi
Thread: Bmi
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2004, 17:08
pollypocket36

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey again, with regards to the day off payment. Don't let them tell you what they want cos its noramlly a long day. You tell them!! bmi are the ones that are desperate, not you. It's your chance to play the cards. For example they called me the other week to sell a day off. They offered me LHR-PMI-LHR-ABZ-LHR. Obviously Ive better things to do on my day off than a 13 hour day, so I declined. However, I bargained with them and told them I'd do either the Palma OR the Aberdeen. They refused and said its either the whole lot or nothing at all. Later that evening while I was out, they called me again to ask me if I'd do the Palma OR Aberdeen. By that time I'd made plans so had to decline again. They only shoot themsevles in the foot by playing hard to get. So don't forget, you tell them what you want!!!!

With regards to the late letter, don't worry too much about it. They are too desperate for crew to get rid of anybody. Honestly, its nothing to worry about. If your're late due to traffic, what can you do? It will be mentioned at you 3 month apprasial (if you're luck enough to get one) and then AGAIN at your 6 month apprasial. However, don't let it bother you too much as it won't make the slight bit of difference.