PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Regulator fails Jetstar crew on safety
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2004, 00:55
Mr Seatback 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slightly confused guys, so bear with me...

1) Impulse gets purchased by QF to operate as Qantaslink, and now, Jetstar.

2) Whilst I know of some pilots who have applied to Qantas (and some have got in, some haven't), I doubt ALL have applied, in particular the 89-er's who are with us (and please, let's not go down the 89 road with this thread...)

3) Does calling these pilots 'John West rejects' actually achieve anything? No. So why bother? It's done - true, I don't necessarily agree with the agreement they made, but it's done.

4) Would there be the debate that there is about the altered Agreement if these guys were NOT part of the QF Group? QF would have used the T&C reached by these pilots as the benchmark for large-narrow bodied a/c anyway...whether or not they were part of the QF Group.

5) Aren't they in the process of reaching a Career Progression-style agreement where for every 6-ish commands, there's one for someone from QF and vice versa? Last thing I heard about their IPC and AIPA.

Guys - it's done. You need to move on and try to do the best with what's provided. Calling each other names only demeans the point you're each trying to make.